Jenner Community Meeting
Saturday, January 29, 4–5:30pm
10432 Highway 1, behind the gas station and over the bridge
(Parking is limited, so please carpool or walk if you can)
The Sonoma Land Trust will hold its annual community meeting at the Jenner Community Center to share what we and The Wildlands Conservancy have learned about the Jenner Headlands over this first year of ownership. We'll talk about the plants, animals, watershed health, geology and cultural resources — as well as what we've learned from the 800+ hikers who participated in our guided hikes program last year. We will finalize our management plan for the property in 2011 and offer additional opportunities for getting even more people out on the property. Questions and comments will be welcome.
We look forward to sharing these 2010 highlights:
- The biologically diverse serpentine wildflower fields,
- The rare animals that call the Headlands home,
- The diverse assemblage of grassland birds, including what we found during the fall raptor migration,
- The intricate and rich geology of the Headlands, and
- Results from our largest guided hike series ever — nearly 800 hikers had the chance to experience this incredible landscape.