On the Land Public Outings
Join Sonoma Land Trust in celebration of our recent acquisition — Pole Mountain! This strenuous, 6-mile roundtrip hike begins at our Little Black Mountain Preserve and has a 1,000-foot elevation gain as we hike up the north side of the mountain along old ranch roads. We will enjoy the spring wildflowers on our way to a picnic lunch at the top of Pole Mountain, where we will bask in the panoramic views from the Sonoma Coast’s highest peak.
Join Sonoma Land Trust staff for a 4.5 mile hike through the coastal prairie at the Jenner Headlands Preserve. Enjoy the sweeping coastal views as we traverse the hillside on our way to the Jean Schulz Wildflower Meadow, where we will picnic amidst the vast carpets of miniature serpentine wildflowers.
Explore beautiful Glen Oaks Ranch in Sonoma Valley and learn the traditional and indigenous uses of native plants. Herbalist Madelene McCann will lead a leisurely walk through the oak groves while we learn through stories about the plants we discover along the way.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707.526.6930 ext. 114 for more information.
For more unique opportunties to get on the land, check out our volunteer workdays.
For more than 35 years, the Sonoma Land Trust has been a vehicle for people with passion, persistence and a love of the land to come together to protect forever one of the most beautiful counties in America.
Volunteer with Sonoma Land Trust
You will enjoy:
- Access to diverse and beautiful properties
- Educational and skill building opportunities
- Great community
- Annual Volunteer Celebration
Become a Member
You will receive:
- quarterly announcements of upcoming members-only hikes
- monthly eNews and quarterly newsletters
- seasonal invitations to members-only open days at Glen Oaks Ranch
- annual holiday open house and other special events
- ongoing satisfaction of helping preserve what we all love most about Sonoma County