What We Do
Sonoma Land Trust conserves scenic, natural, agricultural and open land for the future of Sonoma County by:
- Developing long term land protection strategies,
- Promoting private and public funding for land conservation,
- Acquiring land and conservation easements,
- Stewardship including the restoration of conservation properties, and
- Promoting a sense of place and a land ethic through activities, education and outreach.
Sonoma Land Trust is a local, non-governmental, non-profit organization funded largely by membership contributions. The Land Trust works closely with private landowners, the Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District and other public agencies at all levels of government, nonprofit partners, and foundations. Sonoma Land Trust is a member of the California Council of Land Trusts and subscribes to the Standards and Practices of the national Land Trust Alliance.
Since 1976, Sonoma Land Trust has protected more than 25,000 acres of beautiful, productive and environmentally significant land in and around Sonoma County.